RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Dr

From: Bahn, William L Civ USAFA/DFCS
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Drive)
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 19:43:56 -0600

> Mandriva is promoting a version that boots off a USB drive
> http://www.mandriva.com.

That sounds promising. But when I went out there it looks like you can't
download it - you have to buy their USB key. I have no problem with that,
except that I need this computer up and running by tomorrow night.

> I would expect that almost all distributions
> would work, assuming that the BIOS will load the bootloader off the
> USB drive.

The BIOS is definitely set up to boot from a USB device - that is the preferred
boot device. But I have no idea how to take a distro, such as Fedora Core 6,
and get it installed onto a USB device so that the BIOS even has an opportunity
to boot from it.