Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gaining RSSI, SNR, CNR or BER information

From: Bastian Preindl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gaining RSSI, SNR, CNR or BER information
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 18:32:39 +0200

Hi Jonathan,

many thanks for the detailed explanation!

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
That entirely depends on what has already happened to the signal prior
to it arriving at the sound card.

Unfortunately I'm not (yet) aware of the preprocessing (except for downmodulation to baseband) taking place within the (ham) radio - what _could_ happen to the signal? And what would be the optimal precondition for gaining any SNR information out of it?

If I know that to ask for I can investigate on how the preprocessing in the radio.

Best regards

Bastian