[Discuss-gnuradio] make question about building a signal processing bloc

From: Zhenghao Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] make question about building a signal processing block
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:47:44 -0400

Hi,

I was trying to see if I could build a signal processing block. I
basically did nothing but copied the ``how-to-write-a-block'' package
and modified the name of the block in files according to the Shen
tutorial. I ran aclocal, autoconf, ./configure, all seemed to be fine.
Then I ran automake, which gave me these mesages:

address@hidden trytry]# automake
doc/Makefile.am:77: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
doc/Makefile.am:80: `%'-style pattern rules are a GNU make extension
src/lib/Makefile.am:55: Python sources seen but `PYTHON' is undefined
src/lib/Makefile.am:55:   The usual way to define `PYTHON' is to add
`AM_PATH_PYTHON'
src/lib/Makefile.am:55:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.
src/python/Makefile.am:31: Python sources seen but `PYTHON' is undefined
src/python/Makefile.am:31:   The usual way to define `PYTHON' is to
add `AM_PATH_PYTHON'
src/python/Makefile.am:31:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and
`autoconf' again.

I don't think PYTHON is defined. Any hints will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zhenghao