[Discuss-gnuradio] Samples Per Symbol issue

From: Mereuta Lucian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Samples Per Symbol issue
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:45:20 +0200

  Hello,
I am new in SDR so maybe the question might seem childish...
I want to transmit some data at 24 Kbps using CPM modulation and USRP :).
In the gnuradio-3.1.2/gnuradio-examples/python/digital  i found the
tx_voice.py example.
Following the example I did my own setup but the problem is that when
i use the "pick_tx_bitrate" from pick_bitrate.py i get the following
results:

.bitrate = 35.7143Kb/s
samples/symbol: 7
interp:  512

I looked at the  "pick_tx_bitrate" method source and I saw that there
is an upper limit for the samples/symbol (=7) (pick_bitrate.py line
24).
I know that if i increase this limit i can get my desired bitrate, but
is it ok to do that? Is it a problem if i use a greater value for
samples per symbol ?

Thank you!