Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK midamble template matching

From: Ben Wojtowicz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GMSK midamble template matching
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:35:58 -0500

Isaac,

You are right, the midamble waveform is dependent on the data bits occuring before the midamble.  However, the dependency is just a constant phase offset.  Therefore, correlation with the GMSK modulated midamble bits will still result in good correlation scores.  One more point is that the bit just before the midamble can cause some uncertainty in the waveform at the very beginning.  You can resolve this by correlating with only the middle 16 bits of the midamble instead of using the entire 26.

Hope this helps,
Ben