Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion File Sink

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio Companion File Sink
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:57:22 -0700

isaacgerg wrote:
I dont understand, in your previous post you said the following:
"Unless the data stream is an array of complex, float, int, short, or
byte, the vector length should be 1. "  Yet, you are telling me it should be
one.  Is this correct?

I think that the two statements above agree?

Anyway, most data streams are type complex, float, int, short, or byte. In this case the vector length for the file sink is always 1. Examples: usrp source, signal source, noise source...

Sometimes, you have blocks that output an ARRAY/VECTOR of complex, float, int, short, or bytes for each sample. So each sample is an array/vector of numbers. Examples: gr_add_vcc, gr_fft_vcc... In this case, the vector length parameter >= 1.

Makes sense? Is the setting of vector length = 1 not working?

-Josh

Josh Blum wrote:
isaacgerg wrote:
Im not down in the code, Im just trying to use the application.  What
does
that number translate to?

Set the type to complex and leave the vector length as 1.

Also, once I get the data, how is it formated?  as 2 float32 values, one
for
the real arm and one for the imaginary part?
yes, each sample will be written as 2 binary 4 byte floats, i believe that real part is 1st