[Discuss-gnuradio] C++ interface to USRP

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] C++ interface to USRP
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 11:48:33 -0400

Hi

Can anyone please help me?  I want to use the C++ interface in order
to use the Qwt C++ library to create contour plots, etc.
UsrpFAQ/CppInterface has some code illustrating how to do this.  I
just have a few questions concerning this.  I'm sorry, but my
understanding of sampling is not what it is supposed to be.  In the
code samples per read needs to be a multiple of 128.  So if I'm
sampling at 500 000 samples per second in the USRP, I can only read in
499968 samples into the C++ program?  Is the rest just discarded and
if I read again, do I read in 499968 samples of the next time sampling
time?  I would ideally like to sample at 500000.  Can I set the USRP
to this, read in more than 500000 samples and just discard the rest?

Thank you very much.

Sebastiaan