Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] unknown phase-relation between rx and tx

From: Jonathan Friedman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] unknown phase-relation between rx and tx
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 03:43:01 -0700

Unless I misunderstand what you are doing, what you are describing is
the coherence error of the system. The long-answer made short is "no".
You have to calibrate it out or otherwise live with it. The TX and RX
paths of the USRP are derived from separate hardware local oscillators
so there will always be an unknown phase error between them. What's
worse is that it will vary slowly and dynamically as temperature and
voltage change during system operation.

Cheers,
-Jonathan