[Discuss-gnuradio] gr.file_sink format...

From: Jonathan Friedman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.file_sink format...
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 05:29:14 -0700

Ok. I know that this question has been asked and answered many times,
but my code isn't behaving as I expect so I wanted to run it by the
community one more time.

gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, "file.txt")

I'm using a usrp to digitize and write the samples to a file which I
then import and process in Matlab. If I ask for just one sample, I get
8 bytes back (as expected). The data are supposed to be in IEEE
float32 format with the I-channel first so...

byte 1 i0
byte 2 i1
byte 3 i2
byte 4 i3
byte 5 q0
byte 6 q1
byte 7 q2
byte 8 q3

Is that the correct byte order LSByte first? I've tried it both ways
and it still doesn't look anything like the output of usrp_oscope.py.
According to IEEE 754
Bits 0-22 are the fraction.
Bits 23-30 are the exponent and...
Bit 31 is the sign