Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock,inband, usrp2 future ?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock,inband, usrp2 future ?
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:13:19 -0700

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:26:53PM +0200, Per Zetterberg wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Here at our department (KTH) we are trying to understand mblocks. Will
> mblocks evolve with the arrival of the usrp2. Will there be a
> usrp2_server.cc for instance ?
>
> BR/
> Per Zetterberg

Hi Per,

mblocks are pretty much done.  The main missing piece is the
interconnection with GR flow graphs.  My thinking on this has been
that it should be possible to embed a flow graph within (or
alongside) an mblock and then have some kind of "worm hole" that
connects the two domains using appropriate abstractions on each end.

We do expect to have two high-level interfaces to the USRP2: one
that's stream based for connecting to flow graphs, and one that's
packet based for use with mblocks or anything else desiring a packet
based interface.  The high-level interfaces will use common underlying
code.

Right now I'm preoccupied with the multiprocessor scheduler, but I do
intend to get the missing interconnection piece done sometime this
summer.

Eric