[Discuss-gnuradio] Python GNU Radio Tutorial

From: Martin Braun
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python GNU Radio Tutorial
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:52:13 +0200

Hi list,

I added a tutorial on how to write Python applications for GNU Radio to
the wiki:

http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials/WritePythonApplications

(The Tutorials section is new, too).
It is aimed at people who want to get started with GNU Radio, have a
basic idea about what GNU Radio is and are not totally ignorant of signal
processing and programming. Hopefully it will accelerate the learning
curve of potential GNU Radio adepts.

I tried to distil all the troubles I had when exploring the world of GNU
Radio into this tutorial. I am still way off from being an expert, so
perhaps some GR-Guru could have a quick look in case I got something
wrong. There are some overlaps with Erics doc "Exploring GNU Radio" but
I doubt that will hurt anyone.

If anyone has comments or suggestions about sections I may have left
out, feel free to contact me - or of course, add them yourself, it's a
wiki :)
I might even add some more tutorials if I find time, but I'm afraid I
have to get some proper research done now. Unfortunately, GNU Radio docs
won't earn me a degree :)

Cheerio,
Martin

--