Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Benchmark_ofdm_tx Benchmark_ofdm_rx

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Benchmark_ofdm_tx Benchmark_ofdm_rx
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 21:16:12 -0400

matteo zunino wrote:
Matteo, I haven't looked at this code in a while and don't plan to at
this time.  I'm working on other pieces of GNU Radio right now.

You asked me if it's possible, and I said yes.  It will take some
study and some work.  Perhaps this is an opportunity to improve your
programming skills?  You may have to look beyond gr_ofdm_frame_sink.cc
and understand how the whole OFDM system is put together.

Each piece and feature of GNU Radio got written because somebody cared
about that part.  We all started out knowing nothing.  You appear to
be the person that cares about doing different modulations on
different subcarriers.  You know what you want.  You know a little bit
about the current code.  You're exactly where you're supposed to be to
get started on it...

Good luck!
Eric

Sorry, i don't want to look at this function but only know if you have already
look at it ;)
however, Thanks a lot for all the informations you give me.
Hi, sorry again for the disturbe.

Matteo

Matteo,

The OFDM code in the reciever is fairly complicated. Furthermore, it's not guaranteed to be very good. It will be hard to guide you in this process and the more familiar you get with the code, the more you'll be capable of achieving with it. Just keep hacking at it.

Tom