[Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding usrp2_basic.cc

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding usrp2_basic.cc
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 20:23:16 +0200

Hi,

I have been browsing the sources for the usrp2, so that I'm familiar enough with the code when the new usrp2 comes. I have a million questions regarding it, but there is one simple one for starters. At line 70 in my usrp_basic.cc (svn-rev 8510), i have the following line of code:

#define MAX_PKTLEN 1512 //biggest thing USRP2 can swallow
// (14-byte ethernet hdr + 1500 byte payload)

My question is; Is there something I have missed regarding the packets and their format, is this a typo, is it something that everybody else knows (for instance -"you always have to pad the packets with one byte" or similar), or something completely different than the above suggestions?

Cheers
//Mattias Kjellsson