[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to scan the whole ISM band?

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to scan the whole ISM band?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:49:20 +0200

Goodman Roy wrote am 2008-07-15 00:26:
Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to sense the whole band,2.4-2.4835GHz, through the USRP? However, the ADC can only support 64Msamples/sec. How can I scan the whole ISM band and draw the spectrogram of the ISM band,2.4-2.4835GHz, through the USRP?

You can receive 32MHz at a time, but you are limited to 8MHz through the USB bus. You cannot scan the whole 2.4Ghz ISM band at a time, but you can step through it. If you want to detect unused frequencies you'd probably just want to calculate the power over a reasonable time interval to decide if some is using the band in question.

You may want take a look at gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_spectrum_sense.py [1]

Patrick

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.1/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/usrp_spectrum_sense.py
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>