[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source gain problems?

From: Jason Uher
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP source gain problems?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:59:23 -0500

I am trying to read samples from the USRP and the only samples I
receive back are integers between -2 and 2; not the -1500 to 1500 that
I get when running the samples.

As far as I can tell there is no difference between my set up and the
examples, I initialize the subdevice, set the gain choose the antenna,
and tune the receiver, but I only get the
very small integer values, whats wrong?

  ur = usrp.source_c(0,rx_decim_rate)

  rx_sd = (1,0) #manually choose the correct device

  #Set up the USRP mux values
  r_subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(ur, rx_sd)
  m = usrp.determine_rx_mux_value(ur, rx_sd)
  ur.set_mux(m)

  r = r_subdev.gain_range()
  r_subdev.set_gain((r[0] + r[1])/2)

  r_subdev.select_rx_antenna( 'RX2')
  r = ur.tune(r_subdev._which, r_subdev, 24e8)