Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VM Make Check problem : createfilemapping is not

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VM Make Check problem : createfilemapping is not available
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:01:12 -0700

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 01:39:56PM +1200, Richard Clarke wrote:
> Bumped
>
> Hi All,
>
> I have been attempting to use a GNU Radio 3.1.2 Virtual Machine (guest OS
> is Open Suse 10.2) kindly provided by Chiara De Dominicis, with the USRP.
> Initial communications with the USRP were established, enough for firmware
> download to the USRP. However when attempting to run any script that makes
> use of the USRP the following error is thrown up after a few seconds before
> the whole VM crashes into oblivion.
>
> Terminal message output: gr_check_counting: enter_SEARCHING at offset    0
> (0x00000000)
>                                      gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping:
> createfilemapping is not available

"createfilemapping is not available" is a normal message.  That
particular interface is only available when GR is running on win32.

For the record, VM's are a completely unsupported configuration.
If a particular flavor of VM/host/guest works for you, great.
If not, best of luck :-)

The USRP attempts to drive the USB as fast as possible...

Eric