[Discuss-gnuradio] FIFOs

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FIFOs
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:32:06 +0200

Hi

I'm trying to write USRP data to a FIFO and read it out using a C++
app.  I can't get it to work.  What I did was to type 'mkfifo myfifo'
in the shell.  This is the output to ls -l myfifo.

prw-r--r-- 1 sebastiaan sebastiaan 0 2008-07-23 14:20 myfifo

I then tried to run my application, passing myfifo as a parameter.
This is the line of Python code that sets up the filesink.

self.dst = gr.file_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, filename)

When I run the application, it hangs and when I press CTRL+C, I get
the following output.

myfifo: Interrupted system call
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  can't open file
Aborted

Can anyone please tell me if there are any other steps to get this to work?

Thank you very much.

Sebastiaan