[Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA processing

From: Theo Verelst
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA processing
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:00:46 +0200

Hi Gnu Radio People,

I played a little with the Fedora8/64 gnuradio without currently having
money to get the Hardware Unit, so I'd hope I could use my existing
spartan 3(e) boards for the main connection with a PC, but that
currently seems not to be the case. Of course the AD (DA) electronics
are also required.

I'm into sound synthesis and fpga use, like

www.theover.org/Synth
 www.theover.org/Fpgasynth

and I was wondering about the available possiblities to use fpga blocks,
instead of the PC based software blocks for instance to do basic
reception or data processing. Preferably with block-like (I made
http://wiki.tcl.tk/bwise) programming tools, like the Gr companion?

Kind greetings,

   Theo Verelst
   www.theover.org