Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible residual carrier not reported correctly

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible residual carrier not reported correctly
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:27:54 -0700

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 02:12:38PM -0700, isaacgerg wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using the Basic RX/TX at 24Mhz.  Both the tx and rx tell me that
> there is no residual carrier.  yet, the waveform I send seems to keep
> flipping from positive to negative polarity.  Is it possible that there is
> residual carrier that is not being reported correctly?

No, there's no residual frequency offset.

Are you seeing any over or underruns ("uOuO" or "uUuU") on the console?
How wide is the signal you're trying to send?
What interpolation and decimation values are you using?

Try sending it at 10MHz.

What version of GNU Radio are you using?

Have you isolated the problem to the Tx or Rx path?

Eric