Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 cross-compile problem - SOLVED

From: Andreas Fernström
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 cross-compile problem - SOLVED
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:32:22 +0200

Problem solved!

I just had to add /opt/cell/toolchain/bin
to PATH on the build machine.

After that, configure-cell-cross, make, 'make check' and 'make install' worked
without problems.

I would however like to point out some things that maybe should be in the wiki:

1. There is a line that says: Download the latest Cell
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/CELL-Linux-CL_20080201-ADDON.iso
 (ADDON CD iso).
The link doesn't work, I used an ADDON cd at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/geoff/cell/ps3-distro-kit/

2. There is a line that says: At the kboot command prompt, enter: linux64
xdriver=fbdev video=720p install text.
I'm not using the PS3 for games, so I have connected a 20+ years old TV to it,
which (probably combined with being European) does not handle the 720p
resolution. I had to use video=576i instead. For guidance look at
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/videooutput.html.

3. You HAVE to use the /mnt/cell-root location on your build machine when
mounting the ps3 root. You really do.
I tried some other location first, but even if you change the variables in the
scripts, I found that /mnt/cell-root was hard linked in some places. When
trying to change mountpoint to /mnt/cell-root, which I should have used the
first time, I noticed that running tweak-cell-for-cross-compiling a second time
with another location isn't wise. The result is additive, that is, if you first
got the .so files tweaked to path1/lib...so, the second time you get
path2/path1/lib...so. Not good. So do use /mnt/cell-root as it says.

4. Read the error messages. Read the error messages. Read the error message...
Get it?
 If it says 'ppu32-gcc: command not found', that means that the ppu32-gcc
command was not found. Do you have the file? Where is it located? Is the PATH
ok? Are you checking the PATH on the right machine?
I had missed that ppu32-gcc had to be accessible with a good PATH on the build
machine too.

Next thing would be to get the usrp connected and running, but first I'd like
to have some sound and display. Anyone that have "been there, done that" that
could point me in the right direction to get those two things working on the
PS3, or presented remotely??

Andreas