[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Basic RX. - usrp_wfm_rcv.py

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Basic RX. - usrp_wfm_rcv.py
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:20:44 +0200

Brian Padalino wrote am 2008-07-29 17:07:
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM, rita pfc
<address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
I've started again from the begining. I have installed Ubuntu 7.1, not in a
virtual machine. In a Pentium IV, 3 GHz, with 2 GBytes of RAM.

Much better, we do not support VMware.

SystemError: wxEntryStart failed, unable to initialize wxWidgets!  (Is
DISPLAY set properly?)
Fallo de segmentación (core dumped)

I hate to just repeat the error, but is DISPLAY set properly?

Did you use sudo? sudo sometimes has problems to get the X settings like DISPLAY and authority right.

If you are not really know what certain commands do, quote it in your messages. Even subtle or innocent looking things can be important for your problem, so tell us as much and as exact as possible what you did. Otherwise we are not able to reproduce the problem and find the missing or wrong part.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>