Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] When is USRP2 coming out please?

From: rlseal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] When is USRP2 coming out please?
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 23:04:41 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 2:14 PM, yyzhuang <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

Because if USB, USRP is limited in bandwidth. So do you know when USRP2 is
coming out please? Thanks.

Just wondering - how much bandwidth do you need?

If you are going to run with a fixed amount of decimation for all of
your tests, you can change the FPGA's CIC to have a fixed value and
bypass the halfband filter if you want.  This will free up a
SIGNIFICANT amount of space in the FPGA to perform filtering,
equalization, and other processing.

The default build allows for some serious decimation, and a LOT of
options for general SDR.  For more specific purposes, use the sdr_lib
to your advantage, make your custom chain, and write the rest of your
custom FPGA load.

I am no expert, but I believe the USRP samples 4 real or 2 complex
channels at 64MHz.  Is there reason to believe this is not enough
bandwidth?

Brian

I could make use of 30 MHz in a single channel at 14-bit resolution; in other words - all the USRP2 may offer plus a little (but we will use a trigger to select a portion of data at timed intervals - so the USRP2 will provide what we need). So yes, for our needs, there is reason to believe that this will not be enough.

Ryan