Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile error with gnuradio trunk for armv7-a

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile error with gnuradio trunk for armv7-a
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:29:07 -0400

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:24 AM, Mattias Kjellsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Philip Balister wrote:
>>
>> I used to be able to build trunk with Openembedded, but "recently"
>> I've run into this message:
>>
>> gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.cc:130:20: error: Python.h: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> The complete build log is here:
>>
>> http://tinderbox.openembedded.net/public/logs/729906.txt
>>
>> Does this ring a bell with anyone?
>>

> Hi Philip,
>
> I have never seen this error, nor am I an old hardcore gnuradio guy, but I
> briefly took a peak at the make- log... And I found something interesting,
> which might have something to do with the problem.
>
> gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.cc:130:20: error: Python.h: No such file or
> directory
> gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.cc:3022:4: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-classic' option"
> gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.cc:3026:3: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-nomodern' option"
> gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.cc:3029:3: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-nomodernargs' option"
> gnuradio_swig_py_gengen.cc:130:20: error: Python.h: No such file or
> directory
> gnuradio_swig_py_gengen.cc:3217:4: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-classic' option"
> gnuradio_swig_py_gengen.cc:3221:3: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-nomodern' option"
> gnuradio_swig_py_gengen.cc:3224:3: error: #error "This python version
> requires swig to be run with the '-nomodernargs' option"
>
> I found these lines in the end of the log, and my sugestion would be to try
> to rebuild swig with the flags indicated above.
>
> On the other hand there are some other errors further down the log- file,
> but they may resolve if you rebuild swig.
>
> Hope this helps, cheers
> Mattias Kjellsson

My gut is telling me that the failure to find the Python.h file messes
up the python version check. I did upgrade swig from 1.3.31 to 1.3.36
with no improvement.

I'm guessing there is some change in the autofoo. I tried to go back
in revs until it compiled again, back I got back to the point where
the build was fixed for gcc 4.3.1 without finding the rev that
introduced the problem.

Philip