Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What 'DTVp' means?

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] What 'DTVp' means?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:47:45 -0400

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Carlos Limarino
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Excuse me for my ignorance, what does 'DTVp' means here?
>
> http://www.xceive.com/docs/XC3028_prodbrief.pdf

>From the looks of things, I believe it's the positive channel of a
differential signal carrying the DTV information (DTVp and DTVn).
Possibly LVDS?  Either way, most likely just some type of digital
differential signaling.

> CVBS is composite output if the tuner is working in analog mode, but I don't
> know what is 'DTVp' in digital mode. Is possible to demodulate that using GNU
> Radio (writing a block, obviously)?

It appears as if the demodulation is already done in the "demodulation
co-processor" block within the chip?  You may want to contact the IC
manufacturer for a datasheet.

Good luck!

Brian