[Discuss-gnuradio] Some questions regarding timestamps on packets

From: call5_99
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some questions regarding timestamps on packets
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:53:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
       I am new to GNU radio. So far I have been playing with benchmark_rx
and benchmark_tx. Now, I am trying to estimate the distance between the
transmitter and the receiver. For this I need a very accurate timestamp on
my packets. So my questions are-

1) I need the time stamp in the order of nano seconds. Is it possible to get
such accurate timestamp with GNU radio?
2) How do I add timestamp on packet headers? Though I saw many posts on
packets with timestamp, I didn't find any, which explained how I go about
adding the timestamp at transmitter end, and retrieve  it at receiving end.

If someone could suggest me examples of codes where timestamps have been
delt with, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Prasanna.