Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] boost 1.35

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] boost 1.35
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:36:59 -0700

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 08:50:26PM -0500, Brett L. Trotter wrote:
> I may be mistaken, but when I last svn updated off the trunk, boost
> 1.35+ was required. This is not yet in the Fedora repositories (1.36
> beta is in development however) and means building gnuradio with a
> standard system is not possible. While one can find the 1.36 src rpm and
> build it, it's a bit of a hassle. I updated the trunk not expecting any
> major changes in the last week-ish and now have to make it work. Is
> there anything truly requiring 1.35? If not, 1.33 would be much preferred.

I announced more than 2 weeks ago that boost 1.35 was going to be
required, and that then was a good time to do something about.

Directions on building from source are in README.building-boost.
It takes about 5 minutes to build the part we need, and it can coexist
with the already installed version.

And yes, we need it.  I didn't just randomly introduce what I know to
be a problematic dependency.   Do you want SMP support?  :-)

If this is inconvenient for you, there are two other options:
the 3.1 stable branch or the tarballs.

  $ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.1

Meanwhile, we're charging ahead on the trunk!

Eric