[Discuss-gnuradio] Help compiling new block

From: Murtuza
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help compiling new block
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:29:54 -0500

Hi Friends

I wrote the c++ and .i codes for a new block based on the gnuradio tutorial and used the same bootstrap, configure.ac and Makefile.am files found in gr-howto-write-a-block folder with minor changes in places where the source file names are present. As I do not have a "qa_test" python file in my folder and as I do not intend to write one I commented the lines that run_tests in the configure.ac file. When I bootstrap I get the following errors.

I tried looking for the solution in the forum but couldn't find ones that were helpful. My folder has the same name as gr-howto-write-a-block to be on the safe side.

address@hidden:/opt/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block# ./bootstrap
src/lib/Makefile.am:56: Python sources seen but `PYTHON' is undefined
src/lib/Makefile.am:56:   The usual way to define `PYTHON' is to add `AM_PATH_PYTHON'
src/lib/Makefile.am:56:   to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
configure.ac:92: required file `config/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:92: required file `doc/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:92: required file `src/python/Makefile.in' not found
configure.ac:92: required file `src/python/run_tests.in' not found
address@hidden:/opt/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block#

Can someone help me out on this.

Thanks
Ali