[Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 USB chipset

From: Vincenzo Pellegrini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 USB chipset
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:31:21 +0200

Hi everybody,
I'm planning to begin to learn and explore the fantastic territories of parallel computing applied to software radio that Eric is currently opening to us through his work on the Cell BE platform.
(just by the way, thanks Eric!)

Therefore, I will save some money to buy a PS 3 :-)
I know It's not gonna be a easy way to go, but such a computational power is simply an incredible dream.. :-)

So, my question: has anybody yet tested the outwards (host to USRP) throughput of the PS3 usb chipset?
Is it able to cope with our fatal 32MB/s ?
Thanks

Vincenzo

PS.
Is anybody using an adapter to connect the PS3 video output to a standard VGA monitor?

--
Vincenzo Pellegrini