Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio compile notes for Debian Lenny (Testing)

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio compile notes for Debian Lenny (Testing)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:16:17 -0700

Eric Cottrell wrote:

> I was able to compile GNURadio on Debian Lenny.  Here are some rough
> notes as to the packages needed to compile GNURadio with ALSA and
> USRP support.  I used a recent GNURadio version from the subversion
> repository trunk.

Just FYI--the Ubuntu binary packages for GNU Radio 3.1.3 hosted at
gnuradio.org could be made to work with Debian Lenny with very few changes.

I'd produce them here, but lack the infrastructure to do the build and
test.  They have been built on Etch in the past with no issues.

The Debian package machinery in the trunk is fairly out of date, and
needs to be updated.  This is a task for release 3.2.  I'll do this for
Ubuntu, but it would be welcomed if someone would volunteer to test and
produce the Debian Lenny packages.  The needed repository infrastructure
is already on gnuradio.org, but has no packages in it.

Here is an (outdated) script in the trunk that installs the build
dependencies:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/debian/install-build-deps.sh

(It lacks new requirements for grc, for example, and the required boost
version.)

Anyway, if you or anyone else is interested in helping here, it would be
a useful way to contribute to the project.