Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU-Radio GUI applications freeze

From: Jim Watson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU-Radio GUI applications freeze
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:26:01 +1000

I can reproduce something similar I think on Ubuntu 8.04 using recent
svn sources with the included grc to make an audio signal source and
scope sink, not using any usrp etc.

The scope gui displays the waveform but the mouse cannot get focus on
any buttons.

Then I installed the latest stable release of gnuradio 3.1.3 and the
separate grc 0.7, and everything works correctly as expected.

Hardware here is a iMac

address@hidden:~/Desktop/grc_0.70/src$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            1500  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 2000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc bts
pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 4004.41
clflush size    : 64

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 14
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            1500  @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 8
cpu MHz         : 2000.000
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 6
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc bts
pni monitor vmx est tm2 xtpr
bogomips        : 3999.98
clflush size    : 64