Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R Switching with Inband code

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto T/R Switching with Inband code
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:06 -0400

Ketan Mandke wrote:
After doing some further testing, it seems that using
"inband_2rxhb_2tx.rbf" allowed us to properly do automatic t/r
switching (even with the use of just one channel). We could not get
this functionality working correctly with "inband_1rxhb_1tx.rbf".
Maybe this rbf was not rebuilt after applying whatever fixes George
was referring to? Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

OK so I had interest in this, and I think Brian and I understand why Auto T/R switching does not quite work right with the inband code. For it to switch to the RX chain, tx_empty must be asserted. However, this is a little bit of a misnomer with the in-band code because if you have a packet in the TX buffer pending on its timestamp, tx_empty is low since there really is something in the TX chain... but it's not transmitting! That's the problem. I am working on fixing up some of these things now.

- George