Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] standard_squelch not working since 3.1.2

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] standard_squelch not working since 3.1.2
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:23:36 +0200

I did some more research (although I'm unsure about my ability to resolve this on my own). Here's what I've found so far:
- the functioning of the standard_squelch depends on the audio_rate you set. For the default 32kS/s it doesn't work, everything passes through, and changing the threshold value does not seem to change anything.
- if you lower the audio rate, squelch does seem to work, though the output is rather noisy
- looking at the underlying code, i notice that gr_threshold_ff.cc (used by standard squelch) outputs
if (in[i] > d_hi) {
      out[i] = 1.0;
  while gr_simple_squelch_cc.cc outputs
 if (f >= d_threshold)
      out[i] = in[i];
  I'm not sure if this is making the difference...

Can someone test and tell me if squelch works in the example usrp/usrp_nbfm_ptt.py for them? Jonathan?

Thank you in advance for your help

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito!" - Amnesty International