Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not able to set TX freq from c++ (branch trondeau

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Not able to set TX freq from c++ (branch trondeau/dbs) - solved (part 1)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:05:37 -0400

Stefan Bruens wrote:
Found the bug, at least the first:
db_flexrf.cc:
-------
flexrf_base_tx::flexrf_base_tx(usrp_basic *usrp, int which, int _power_on)
  : flexrf_base(usrp, which, _power_on)
{
  /*
    @param usrp: instance of usrp.sink_c
    @param which: 0 or 1 corresponding to side TX_A or TX_B respectively.
  */

  d_usrp = (usrp_basic_tx*)usrp;
  d_tx = true;

  int d_spi_enable; // <-- shadows class member!
  if(which == 0) {
    d_spi_enable = SPI_ENABLE_TX_A;
  }
  else {
    d_spi_enable = SPI_ENABLE_TX_B;
  }
------
At least, the board is able to tune to the right frequency, and I was able to send a few times.

Unfortunately, after running a few other (python) examples, it stopped working, so I think, the python code modifies some registers and the c++ code is not able to set this registers to working values.

Disconnecting power from the USRPs did not help - any hints?

Stefan

Stefan,

Thanks, that was indeed a bug. It has been fixed in my branch as of r9682.

This is also the first time that I've had the equipment in my new place to test the transmitters, so, frankly, I'm impressed that this is the only bug so far.

Tom