Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages like 'OuOuOu' and 'uUuU'

From: Stefan Brüns
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Messages like 'OuOuOu' and 'uUuU'
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 20:26:41 +0200

On Thursday 18 September 2008 19:30:43 Paul Mathews wrote:
> I really try to search the archives thoroughly and to look source code over
> in detail before asking questions like this one, but perhaps I've
> overlooked something. Anyhow, if someone can direct me where to look to
> understand the messages that seem to arise from several of the gnuradio
> example apps, I will appreciate it. Here are excerpts from a couple of
> typical sessions using USRP with FLEX900 daughtercard. (I've chosen the
> freq 903.45MHz, because it's one of the channels on my cordless phone.):

http://www.google.com/search?q=gnuradio+uO
Second hit (USRP FAQ)

> $ python usrp_siggen1.py -f903.45e6
> Using TX d'board A: Flex 900 Tx MIMO B
> uUuUuU

USRP Underrun - the USRP runs out of data

> 2.
> $ python gnuradiogui.py -RA -f903.45
> uOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOuOu
>O uOuO

USRP Overrun - samples from USRP dropped

Your computer is not fast enough for what you try (or you have some background
process which blocks gnuradio from processing fast enough)

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/