Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Contributing

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Contributing
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:31:02 -0400

Sebastiaan Heunis wrote:
Eric

Brian asked if I could make the USRP work that I am doing as part of
my M.Sc available to other Gnuradio users.  At the moment it's only
some simulations of the downconversion process, but it does give one a
good understanding of exactly what happens in the FPGA.  How do I get
this to you?  Can I email it or do I need to SVN it to Gnuradio?  I
still need some cleaning up and commenting of the source code.

Hi Sebastian,

I am currently working on something to support this kind problem exactly. Getting code in to the official GNU Radio repository is not easy, it must follow many conventions, you must have an FSF copyright, and you must maintain it. Additionally, you have to wait for very busy people (Eric) to help in the process :)

You can read more about the issue here:
http://www.nabble.com/3rd-party-software-(was-comedilib-question)-td19148615.html

Within the next week or two, I will be releasing CGRAN: The Comprehensive GNU Radio Archive Network. It provides full access to a subversion repository and wiki access for project documentation. Your upload your code as is and anyone can help maintain it. Anyone will then be able to find your project, download it, and use it.

If you want to get a head start e-mail me, your project can be one of the first released with CGRAN to give people an idea of what it's all about.

- George