Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using gnu-radio for ARM NEON

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using gnu-radio for ARM NEON
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:24:27 -0700

> Do you mind adding NEON to this list?  NEON is a SIMD unit on ARM
> Cortex-A8 processors. Information on NEON instructions is at
> http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0204h/Bcfjicf
> j.html.
> Sorry it si the superseded link, I'm too lazy to find the current one
> :)

This assembler language manual gives pretty good details (except
actual instruction encodings):

http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dui0204h/DUI0204H_rvct_assembler_guide.pdf

I also tried looking at NEON for the ARM-9, but got:

  http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ddi0409a/index.html

  "Cortex-A9 NEON Media Processing Engine Technical Reference Manual
   Revision: r0p0

   This is a placeholder for a restricted document that is not
   available from this site. Please contact ARM for more information."

        John