[Discuss-gnuradio] minor remarks on installation instructions under ubun

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] minor remarks on installation instructions under ubuntu
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:08:23 +0200

Some minor remarks on the Gnuradio install instructions for Ubuntu on the wiki:
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall

1) libasound2-dev is automatically installed by libsdl1.2-dev, so
could we remove it? Not that it hurts to explicitely ask for it to be
installed, but it's superfluous...

2) Intrepid includes both libboost-dev (which is boost version 1.34.1)
and libboost1.35-dev. The second one will also let you build the
latest trunk of gnuradio... Should we ask the users to install this
one instead?

3) python-numpy-ext is a transitional package and should be replaced
by python-numpy

What does the list think? Should I make the changes on the wiki page?

I also want to draw everyone's attention to the fact that users
upgrading to Intrepid from earlier versions of Ubuntu will lose the
ability to compile the USRP code, due to the split of sdcc into sdcc
and sdcc-nf.

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International