Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 startup

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP2 startup
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:34:22 -0700

Two questions for you:

1.  When I'm trying to look at more data than the laptop can handle, the
console prints "S" characters.  What does that signify; I'd have thought
O or U would still apply?

S means that the PC is seeing 2 successive packets which do not have 2 successive sequence numbers. This means that the host computer has dropped the packets in between. It is essentially the equivalent of an overrun. The USRP2 does not actually overrun, however, since it is not throttled by the host computer.

2.  The usrp2_fft.py program is pretty nice, but changing the frequency
in the input box doesn't seem to work -- when I type something in, I get
an "OK" at the bottom left of the window, but the display freezes and
nothing further happens.

That part is not implemented yet.

Matt