Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any GR MacOS X 10.5 Intel Users?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any GR MacOS X 10.5 Intel Users?
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 19:31:43 -0400

Thomas - Thanks for the feedback; it looks from our testing as if Apple's 10.5.5 tweaked some internal USB parameters to tighten down timing or something. Some USRPs' USB transport is "on the sloppy side" now compared to 10.5.4 (and previous), while others are not. Really not sure what the issue is, but it seems as though it's very few folks with the issue so I'm not going to bother investigating further.

Are you using SDCC 2.8.0 from MacPorts, or some other version? If the latter, could you try the former? This is reversible if it doesn't work ...

0) If you have SDCC 2.4.0 installed by my script, then you need to remove it first; else go to (1):

curl -o sdcc-2.4.0-i386_rm.sh
http://www.nd.edu/~mdickens/GNURadio/sdcc-2.4.0-i386_rm.sh
chmod a+x sdcc-2.4.0-i386_rm.sh
sudo ./sdcc-2.4.0-i386_rm.sh

1) now update MacPorts and install its SDCC:

sudo port sync
sudo port upgrade sdcc

2) then go to your GNU Radio install trunk:

cd usrp
make clean
cd ..
make
sudo make install

3) then go and try the usrp benchmark (in gnuradio-examples/python/ usrp) or some other USRP / USB transfer demo / example / application. If it works, then I think SDCC 2.8.0 on Intel-Mac is working. Thanks! - MLD