[Discuss-gnuradio] how to get wireless carrier signal in GNU Radio

From: Shirve
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to get wireless carrier signal in GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
As per the current status of GNU Radio, I got to know that there is no MAC
(CSMA) implementation. Therefore I am not sure if I can get the signal from
signal processing blocks of GNU Radio about the carrier sensed by USRP
receiver.

Please help me in this regard.

Till now I am able to locate the message queue mechanism to get the received
packets from the other USRP transmitter, which is in gr_msg_que.cc in
runtime library of GNUradio-core. But this mechanism just indicates the
received packets (correct or corrupted), while the signal sensing (packet
start) starts much earlier than the complete packet reception.

Is it possible to get the information about the wireless carrier signal in
the vicinity of USRP receiver from the current GNU Radio framework? I am
using GNU Radio 3.1.1 version.

Your help will greatly help me in my goal. Thanks in advance and expecting
your kind reply.

- Sachin