[Discuss-gnuradio] Last few packets dropped

From: Zheng Zeng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Last few packets dropped
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:15:35 -0500

Hi all

        When I ran benchmark_ofdm_tx.py, I noticed that the last few packets
(5-20, depends on the packet size and modulation) always got dropped. The
spectrum analyzer shows nothing transmitted. Using --discontinuous helps to
reduce the # of dropped packets, but the 2-3 packets of the last run still got
last.

        Similar case when I run tunnel.py under the example ofdm folder. When I
ping another machine, spectrum analyzer shows no transmission at all although
the laptop screen shows "Tx: len(payload)=42".

        I searched the mailing list and found similar discussion two years ago
about the dropped packets problem but no solusion there. Has anybody
successfully got tunnel.py working?

        My OS is Ubuntu 7.04 and I checked the gnuradio several days ago. I use
USRP1 and RFX2400. Thanks!

Best regards,

Zheng Zeng
address@hidden