Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Netgear GA511

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Netgear GA511
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:32:08 -0700

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 14:19 -0500, Catalin Lacatus wrote:

> I am trying to run the /find_usrp/s and I got the following error “n/o
> USRP2 found”/.
> My configuration is Ubuntu 8.04 with a Netgear GA511 Gigabit PCMCIA card
> with USRP2.
>
> I successfully installed boost library with configurations as described
> by other users in this mailing list.
>
> I am not sure if there is any specific procedure to test the Ethernet
> connection and USRP2?

Make sure that you use the right ethernet port.  If the port is not
'eth0', then you you need to add '-e port' to the find_usrps command
line.  It's possible that installing the PCMCIA card gives it a
different name.  You can determine which ethernet devices are present by
typing 'ifconfig -a'.

-Johnathan