Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use GUI with gr.top_block

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use GUI with gr.top_block
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:33:45 +0100

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 05:21:35AM -0700, kaleem ahmad wrote:
> I am extending my main class from gr.top_block and I have noticed that all
> application examples which implement GUI are using stdgui.gui_flow_graph. I
> have tried stdgui.....but in my application that cant be used because I have
> to run parallel/multiple flowgraphs but I want to implement GUI as well. Can
> some one guide me how can integerate GUI with such an application using
> gr.top_block, it would be better if one could refer me to some example code
> (which contain top_block and gui).

If you can use one top_block, you can use one gui_flow_graph. See
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Tutorials/WritePythonApplications
to get started.

Otherwise, remember Python's a super-powerful language. Just write your GUI app
using whatever widgets you like (wx, GTK, QT) and add control for your
top_block(s) otherwise. The stdgui is only a shortcut, albeit a pretty
useful one.

Martin
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun           Phone: +49-(0)721-608 3790
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik  Fax:   +49-(0)721-608 6071