Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LFRX not picking up close to DC

From: Karthik Vijayraghavan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LFRX not picking up close to DC
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:57:11 -0700

Thanks, that worked! For archival purposes here is the piece of code that worked for me. It disables the DC offset correction from all 4 ADCs

self.rx_src = usrp.source_c()
self.rx_src.set_dc_offset_cl_enable(int(0),int(15))

I hooked up a 2Hz sine wave with no DC offset to the USRP and I see a rather large offset after the signal comes into the USRP. This offset value changes every time I run my program and remains constant during the course of the program. The offset is different for different ADCs / channels. I also measured an open circuit voltage of 106mV between the inputs of all the ADCs. Is this variable offset due to some registers not getting cleared when a program finishes running?

Thanks,
Karthik

After measure the signal offset I adjusted the adc offset from python till the offset went away. When I use something like  self.rx_src.set_adc_offset(3,int(273)) I was able to get the offset completely removed. Also, for some reason after putting this line in, the variable offset that I was seeing went away. I checked with restarts, USRP power off etc and this seemed to work perfectly.

Karthik