Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help! ImportError: cannot import name usrp

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Help! ImportError: cannot import name usrp
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 11:49:37 +0100

Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-28 18:36:
>>Joreen Tan wrote am 2008-10-28 08:04:

>>> The error reported is as shown:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "usrp_fft.oy, line 24, in <module>
>>> from gnuradio import usrp
>>> ImportError: cannot import name usrp
>>
>> Need more Info:
>> Did you compile by yourself or did you use distribution packages?
>> What exactly did you do do install GNU Radio?
>> What was the exact command line you entered to start the program?

> I downloaded gnuradio-3.1.3, i don't really get what u mean by compile
> by myself or using distribution package.

For some systems, you can install GNU Radio via the package management
systems. On ohters you have to get the sourcecode and compile it by
yourself.

> i did
> ./configure
> make
> make check
> sudo make install
>
> following exactly the same steps that was illustrated in the build
> guide.

Which build guide did you follow?

> didn't know where went wrong but gr-utils, usrp and gr-usrp was
> not configured during the ./configure command.

Have you checked the output of ./configure? Usually failed checks give a
good hint what went wrong.

Did you read the README? Did you go through the instructions at
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/FedoraInstall?

> Please guide me. Thank you so much!

Please help us help you.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>