Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a simple qustion about the attenuator for the SMA

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a simple qustion about the attenuator for the SMA cable
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 13:19:42 -0700

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Bill Stevenson
<address@hidden> wrote:

Running full output from the output of the daughter board to the input
my damage the daughterboard. Using an attenuator is safer, avoiding
the possibility of coding errors leading to full output power.

Depending on the ammount you lower the tx-amplitude, you also add
quantization noise.

Philip