Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Faulty USRP microprocessor?

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Faulty USRP microprocessor?
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:49:40 +1030

G'day,

I haven't made any progress in finding a solution to my problem. A direct
email to Matt (Ettus) explaining my predicament didn't receive a reply. It
was hoped that the manufacturer of the USRP would provide some after sale
techmical support for their products.

The USRP is no longer communicating when it was powered up after being in
storage for the past 6 month. As mentioned in my previous email, see below,
my suspect is the co-processor that hosts the USB interface, although I can't
be sure. Perhaps someone on this list knows a procedure that would lead to an
accurate diagnosis.

At this stage I'm contemplating to replace the processor. What needs to be
considered prior to replacing this processor, e.g. does it need to be
flashed? I'm also looking for a supplier for this chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN