Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to bypass the filter on RXF2400 daughterboard

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to bypass the filter on RXF2400 daughterboard
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 15:58:46 -0800 (PST)

From: Brian Padalino <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:49:03 PM

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Bill Stevenson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, all!!!
>
> I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
> restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in our
> case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from 802.11,
> how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

I believe you must make a hardware modification if you plan on
bypassing the filter.

Brian

Thank you for so quick reply, Brian!

Making modification on HW is not what I can do. My case is like this: I am transmitting 1Mbps data with center frequency set to 2483.5MHz. Do you think it is doable without bypassing that filter (still receiving my data without amplitude distorting)?

Thank you!

Bill