[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using XCVR2450 with usrp_fft.py

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem using XCVR2450 with usrp_fft.py
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:47:12 +0100

Hey all,

I am using two XCVR2450 transceivers(one as transmitter and one as receiver). When I use only the receiver using usrp_fft.py -RB , i see the environment noise level is -50dB. when I use $usrp_siggen.py -TA -f2.45e9 as transmitter in one shell script and $usrp.py -RB -f2.45e9 as receiver in another shell script ; the environment signal level(noise) decreases to -80dB and I see the transmitted signal as a spike with range -80dB to -50dB. When i use modulation like $usrp_siggen.py -f2.45e9 -w1e6, i expect to see a signal at 2.45GHz-1MHz and 2.45GHz+1MHz ; however, i see only the peak at 2.45GHZ.

So there are two problems, the signal level is decreasing and i didnot see effect of modulations. When I use RFX2400 instead of XCVR2450 as receiver while the transmitter is still one of the XCVR2450 Daughterboards, then both problems are solved.So, this problem seems specific to XCVR2450 daughterboard(when it is used as reciever).

So, has anyone got such a problem with XCVR2450 daughterboard before?
If so what can be done to correct it?        - Thanks

Bruhtesfa