Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Netgear GA311 (Realtek 8169) and USRP 2

From: Felipe Gil Castiñeira
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Netgear GA311 (Realtek 8169) and USRP 2
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:06:52 +0100

Hi Matt,

I followed your instructions and I continued having problems with the
connection: find_usrp2 did not found the USRP2, and surprisingly the "ip
-s link show" command showed 0 packets sent or received. After resetting
the Ethernet connection (removing and inserting the module) I could
detect the USRP2 for a while.

This lead me to discover that the problem was with NetworkManager in my
Ubuntu 8.10 distribution.  Disabling the NetworkManager (for example
disabling the nm-applet in the Gnome session) or changing the setup
seems to solve the problem:

    * In /etc/network/interfaces set the Gigabit Ethernet as "manual".
          o auto eth2
            iface eth2 inet manual
    * In /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf tell networkmanager
      to not touch the configured interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces
          o [ifupdown]
            managed=false

Thank you for your help!
    Felipe.